Tuesday, June 13, 2017

A card and a good-bye


It's been awhile since I've had two posts in a day.   I had hoped to have this card done sooner, but life got in the way.  :/

Mojo Monday #500 is the final challenge over there.  I'm sad to see them go!

I started my blog in Jan '11, and the very first challenge I ever entered was Mojo Monday 173!!!   (You can see that card here)  My participation in the challenge has been on and off since then, but I have often gone to the blog to find inspiration from their past sketches when I'm stuck.

So a huge THANK YOU to the design team of MM, and I wish you all the best!!!   Julee is saying good-bye to spend more time with her family while her kids are young.  That is a decision I wholeheartedly support!!  They grow so quickly! 

Here's my "last hurrah"...


The sentiment is a rubber stamp that I've removed from the wood to make it a cling stamp, and I don't remember who made it.  I used Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossing powder.  My paper is Slice silver and Heidi Swapp printed vellum.  My EF is Darice Diamond Plate.  The sentiment is cut with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics.

I put all that together based on MM's last sketch...



Challenges...
Mojo Monday 500 - sketch
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday -  make it masculine
Word Art Wednesday #286-287 - anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown #347 - for the men


Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!!

7 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Great masculine card! I know, it is hard to believe Mojo Monday is ending.

Gayatri said...

What a wonderful father's day card. Love it. Great take on Make it Masculine Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. Gayatri xx

Wanda Cullen said...

Really love this fabulous sentiment and the masculine elements you paired with it! Thanks so much for joining us in the last Mojo Monday challenge!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Debbie!
I haven't chatted with you in a while, and I hope this finds you well. Thank you for sharing your awesome Father's Day card with us. It's always a joy to have you play along with us. Hope all is well, and that you will stop by again when time allows.
God bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a spectacular card. Love every little detail. Thanks for following along with us over the years. So glad you could join us for the final Mojo sketch.

Melissa Craig said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card. I love the metallic card stock and it being embossed with the diamond plate. How sad that Mojo Monday is closing. I haven't played along with their challenges in a long time, but I look at their blog every now and then when I need inspiration for a card.

Janice M said...

I was sad to hear they were closing down but it's highly understandable! Love your card! I had this stamp out to make a card but never did get around to it. It's a Paper Inspirations stamp.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...