Friday, March 25, 2016

If it wasn't for the lighthouse...


Have you heard the song "The Lighthouse"?  Here are the words...

There's a Lighthouse on the hillside
That over looks life's sea
When I'm tossed it sends out a light
That I might see
And the light that shines in darkness now
Will safely lead us o'er
If it wasn't for the Lighthouse
My ship would be no more

And I thank God for the Lighthouse
I owe my life to Him
For Jesus is the Lighthouse
And from the rocks of sin
He has shown a light around me
That I could clearly see
If it wasn't for the Lighthouse
Where would this ship be?


Praying you have a blessed Easter and that you know that faith Jesus death, burial, and resurrection will give you salvation!!

We all need God's guidance daily, but this card is for a friend who especially needs it right now...


My DP is 7 Gypsies Journey.  The image is FTHS Lighthouse and colored with my Spectrum Noir markers.  It's cut out using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basic B.  Behind it, the brown was cut with Spellbinders Tile Works.  Offray ribbon, twine, and a basic button are my embellies.

Challenges...

i {heart} sketches w/ a twist #144 - sketch and/or twist (I did the twist - masculine card)
Cute Card Thursday #418 - to die for (I used 2 dies - Matting Basics and Tile Works)
Word Art Wedneday #222-223 - anything goes/family friendly
Addicted to Stamps n More #186 - anything goes
Inspiration Destination #78 - anything goes

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!!

8 comments:

Glenda said...

Beautiful card! Love the words to the song!
Happy Easter to you and family!

Glenda's Cards

Unknown said...

Debbie this is a beautiful card - super colouring! Thanks so much for joining us at From the Heart Stamps in our weekly sketch challenge. I'm sure your friend will really appreciate this :-)

Kate said...

Your card is so beautiful, Debbie! What a perfect sentiment to go with the image! You've coloured it so wonderfully well too.

Thanks for sharing the song. I've not heard it before so went on a hunt and listened to it on YouTube.

Happy Easter to you and your family!

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, the image is lovely and a perfect sentiment.
Thank you for joining in this weeks CCT challenge

Marlou McAlees said...

Debbie, this is a beautiful poem, do you mind if I can copy and save it to print out for Prayer group? gorgeous card you made for your friend, blessings xx

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

Billie A said...

Very pretty card and layout. Love the sentiment. I am so glad you shared over at Inspiration Destination.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is really sweet, Debbie. Thanks so much for playing along with us. It always makes my day to see your sweet art linked up with us.
God bless you always,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...