Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Winter song birds - AIMPDC9


Happy Tuesday again!  And Happy September!!  

Since it's the first of the month, Doodle Pantry's Ants in My Pants Digital Challenge 9 begins today at noon.  Be sure to check it out and play along with our challenge... the theme is always "anything digital goes."



My image and sentiment are from Winter Song Birds - Color Wrens.  Also available are Doves, BluebirdsMixed, and a set of all four sets.  My DP is a scrap from Recollections "O Christmas Tree."  The image is cut out with Spellbinders Petite Ovals.  The frame is Spellbinders Labels Eighteen.  I finished it off with some ribbon, adhesive pearls, a button, and baker's twine.  

I've got a tip to share.  If you have just enough of a cardstock to mat your DP but you want to frame your image, too, you can!  Cut the frame from the middle of the piece.  That will be covered by the DP and once you adhere it to the card base, no one will ever know you cheated! :)  I did that with this card.  Here's the underside of my card front...


The "missing" piece of green is framing my image! :)


So print out a digital image -- any company is welcome -- and come play along with our challenge.  **Remember that if you do use a DP image, you could be chosen as the  "Pantry Pick"!  

Thanks for stopping and have a blessed day!!

5 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Adorable Christmas card, Debbie!

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute image Debbie! Wonderful design!
Sherrie K

Teresa Arsenault said...

Gorgeous card. Brilliant, crafty and frugal technique. Love it.
Hugs,
Teresa

Dawn Frost said...

Hi Debbie, I thought I was one of few who cheated with paper, lol, I use that trick a lot! I love the paper and layout another fantastic Christmas card!

Joanna M. said...

Absolutely adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...