Monday, September 14, 2015

The blessing of friends


As I made this card this afternoon, I was wearing a sweater and socks -haven't done that for a few months- because it was cool enough that I actually needed them! :)  That made me feel very fall-ish, so it was fun to make this fall-ish card.  One of my daughters just said, "Now that we're back in school, I'm ready for it to be cold again.  I want to wear my sweaters and boots."  My sentiments exactly!! :)  Sadly, it is supposed to be hot the rest of the week. :/

Here's the card...



My image is FTHS Pumpkin Patch Girl.  I colored her with my Spectrum Noir markers.  She is cut out using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A.  The edges are inked with SU "Crushed Curry." The DP is Crate Paper "Farmhouse."  The main panel is embossed with Darice "Fall Leaf" EF.  A "Buttons Galore and More" button is tied on with natural hemp. 

Challenges...
Cute Card Thursday #390 - numbers (my numbers are on the ruler DP)
Word Art Wednesday #200 - anything goes/family friendly (2nd entry)
FTHS Digital Stamp of the Month Challenge September - must use Pumpkin Patch Girl
 i {heart} card sketches #118 - sketch and/or twist (I used sketch)
 
 Spectrum Noir September challenge - Embossing + must use Spectrum Noir (dry embossing with Darice Fall Leaf EF)
*I don't usually keep track of which markers I use, so I was really surprised at how many I actually use!!  Spectrum Noir colors used: OR1, CT1, CT3, CT4, GB5, GB6, GB7, GB8, GB10, EB1, FS2, FS3, FS6, DG2, DG4, GT2, GT3, BG2, BG6, BG8

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed day!!

15 comments:

Marsha said...

This is really cute, Debbie. I have my image colored but can't find it! It has to be in my craft room somewhere! but it might be easier to color another one rather than try to find it by cleaning off my desk LOL. Love the wood ruler behind the image on your card and the beautiful BG paper.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Debbie!
What a blessing it is to have you share your adorable card in our challenge this week. We could have never made it to our 200th challenge if it were not for faithful participants like you who continue to support us and encourage our efforts. We're so grateful for the art you share, and we thank you for being a part of our challenges.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Imke said...

Beautiful Card, Debbie! The different layers are great and i like the embossed DP. Great coloring also.

Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month September Challenge and also our Sketch Challenge with a Twist # 118 @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Karren said...

Adorable image and a beautiful card! The patterns and colors work so well together.

Jo Ann said...

This is awesome...Love the DP you used and that cute image and lay-out too. So glad you joined our 200th Challenge at Word Art Wednesday last week. We have a new Challenge today and I hope you join us again. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in Colossians 2:6-8 which says, "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ." Have a blessed day!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Congratulations you won a lovely prize in our 200th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings Carole

Kathy S said...

Debbie - this is gorgeous. You've chosen paper that highlights the Hello Pumpkin image perfectly! I also love the special touches on the sketch such as the bowed sentiment and the embossing in the background. Really special card. Thanks for joining us in the Sketch of the Week at From The Heart Stamps. Take care.

Tip Top said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tip Top said...

Wonderful card and such lovely warm colours! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist hope to see you again next time!

Unknown said...

she made me smile, just a gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us for this month’s challenge and we hope to see you next month at http://www.spectrumnoir.com/category/monthly-challenge/
Hugs,
Sandie
http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/
Proud to design for:
Spectrum Noir Education Design Team
Spectrum Noir Media Samples Design Team
Die’sire Design Team
That Craft Place Design Team
That Craft Place Colourist Design Team

Doni High said...

Hi Debbie, Love this sweet card! The embossing on the background is a really nice touch. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge at From the Heart Stamps.

Cynthia said...

This is really adorable, Debbie. Lovely colors and sweet take on the sketch. Congrats on your FTHS win this week!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Faith S. said...

Wow, Debbie! This is gorgeous!! I love all of the elements you added and your coloring is beautiful! Congratulations on winning a Top 3 choice award! Well deserved!

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous. Love the combo of papers you've used. The coloring is amazing as well. Thanks for joining us at FTHS for our monthly challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...