Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tropical Christmas card

This is way out of my 'normal' for both crafting and  Christmas!!  I know that Christmas is really about the birth of Christ, but I also associate snow, snowflakes, snowmen, cold weather, red and green, candy canes, hot chocolate, snow-covered trees, and "Brrr!!" with the Christmas season.  I'm kinda your more "traditional Christmas" kinda gal.  But I guess they do have Christmas in places that don't have snow.  I personally cannot imagine that, but I have read National Geographic and they say it happens!  :) 

All that rambling for this one little card.
Challenges...
Tuesday Morning Sketches #151 - sketch
jingle belles JB: 12:13 "mele kalikimaka" hot or tropical holiday *if you read my rant, you know that's not easy for me, so I used DCWV Tahiti Beach mat stack.  Tahiti is in French Polynesia which is "a tropical destination."  I did the research cuz I wasn't sure!! :o)

~DCWV Tahiti Beach mat stack
~Bazzill cardstock
~Scrappy Cat clear stamp
~Memento Rich Cocoa ink
~Versamark and Iridescent embossing powder (it took several tries to stamp in the same spot!!!!!)
~various punches, brads, and adhesive pearls

Thanks for stopping!!!!

14 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

It's hard for me to imagine a warm Christmas too :)
I love this tropical paper, perfect with the pearls. Wanna hear a trick? If you ink up your stamp with Versamark and then the coloured ink, it will allow you to emboss after stamping just once. I've been doing that for years and I haven't seen any damage to my ink pads - usually I do this with distress ink, but also palette & memento. I just uploaded my card for this sketch too - quick bunnies this week! I love it & think I'll take another run at it :)

Cyndie said...

This is such a beautiful card, I really love the colors and the design. And I learned a new embossing technique from the other comment!

Melissa Craig said...

What a perfectly wonderful tropical Christmas card. I love the papers! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the tropical Christmas card, seems strange to accent the flowers instead of snow:O). Beautiful card love it!
hugs
glenda

lauren bergold said...

oh holy ♥WOW♥!!! ok, of course i *believe* you when you say you had a hard time... but i can tell you that anyone just LOOKING at this rather WONDERFUL greeting would never guess! i really ♥love♥ this... it's elegant and christmassy with a TON of tropical style as well, and the glittery bits especially rock! well done, indeed!!!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Debbie, the tropical flowers are stunning. I love all that sparkle.

Raquel said...

Thanks again Debbi! I love your Tropical Christmas card... that is very creative. LOVE the glittery paper you used as well

Lisa said...

Ooh, I love this, Debbie!! The paper is so fabulous!! I would love a tropical Christmas!! What a gorgeous card!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sandy said...

Wow! I think the card is beautiful! I love the way the flowers are on the corners and the sentiment in the middle. The colors give a warmth and this is a great Christmas card! I love it!!!

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

I Love this card. beautiful papers. really works! My inlaws are from Cambridge Narrows and we have friends that have a cottage on Grand Lake. Small world....

Mynn xx said...

I am in LOVE with this amazing card!!! LOVE the flowers and your colors are perfect! :)

Georgiana said...

My kids are use to wearing shorts on Christmas. We have had a few cold ones, but I have only seen snow twice in Florida in 25 years.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Peanut said...

Tropical Christmas? I say "yay!" Gorgeous card, Debbie. The dp is just perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Angela said...

This is really pretty...love the glitter and pearls...very festive! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...