Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"home tweet home" card

I don't have either "Straight from the Nest" or "Stretch Your Imagination" they suggest over at BBTB2 for this week's challenge and blog hop, but I do have DS, so I made my own birdhouse.  

How did I do it?

I cut the dreidel from JOTS, turned it upside down, trimmed the handle, and cut a circle from the middle for the house itself.  Welded a couple of shapes from GBS for the roof.  Used a rounded rectangle for the 'floor'
~ Bazzill cardstock
~ Blossoms and Butterflies paper
~ swirl border from Joys of the Seasons
~ bird from A Child's Year
~ 'home tweet home' is from Tear Drop cut at 1"  
~heart and branch are from Sweethearts (I wanted to use the kissing birds, too, but they didn't cut well that small)

Thanks for looking!!!!

6 comments:

Cheryl Gaffney said...

ADORABLE!!! I love the patterned paper you chose! And talk about creative! I love that you described exactly how you made the birdhouse! Wonderful.

Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today. I really appreciate the sweet comment! :)

Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

WHAT A CREATIVE CARD LOVE THE COLORS! Thanks for sharing

http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Jeri said...

Wow--incredible that you took a dreidel and created a birdhouse. Well done, fabulous design. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at BBTB2.

**Treefrog** said...

Wow now that's determination and what an Imagination! I Love It! Who would have thought a dreidel could turn into a birdhouse, lol! And love the papers you used. Thanks for joining us this week at BBTB2!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Carole Beath said...

Fabulous!...I love your imagination and plans to create something for our BBTB2 challenge. Thanks so much for joining us this week.
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh WOW! Great job with the birdhouse and I love your mix of colors and pattersns. thanks for playing along with BBTB2. xxD

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...