Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pretty flowers!

This post has nothing to do with crafts, but I had to share our beautiful Amaryllis.  A friend usually give us one in November.  This year we were away for 2 1/2 wks after we got it (and my niece never watered it), so it was a bit slow in blooming, but once it got started... Wow!  (And I must admit that my thumbs are not very green!!)

It had 3 stalks.  The first one had 2 blooms.  This was Jan 15 (I missed them at their peak!)

The second stalk had 3 blooms on Jan 27...

Today, the third stalk bloomed... 6 blooms!!!  It is beautiful!!

I am going to try to keep this one to bloom again next year.  Efforts have been less than successful in that previously.  (Remember... no green thumbs!)

Have a good day!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...